Jakarta Futures Exchange
Jakarta Futures Exchange (JFX) is the first Indonesian futures exchange company and has been established since August 19th in 1999. The main purpose of JFX is providing needed facilities for its member to conduct futures exchange transactions.
JFX committed to give solution and best service for futures exchange industry. Transformation and utilization of modern information technology carried out in order to follow market demands and dynamic business environment. JFX has always been innovating, developing its products, upgrading competencies of all its organization lines and divisions, and providing international infrastructure for commodity transactions.
One of modern information technology utilization that has been carried out by JFX was development of its corporate website. In this modern online connected era, website has become necessity of any corporate, especially corporate with huge amount of users and has international scope.
JFX’s corporate website was originally developed by PT Comestoarra Bentarra Noesantarra to support activities related to futures exchange transactions for its users. With website utilization, users can always get most updated information from JFX anywhere and anytime.
- Stay up to date to current running trade price with information given by the running price widget located at top of the website. Running price widget also comes with some controls to pause or resume the widget. Running price widget will also be paused when cursor of mouse hovered above the widget, so users will have more focus on information presented by the widget.
- Product price trends presented by graph. Graph on JFX’s corporate website is developed while utilizing KendoUI (http://telerik.com/kendo-ui), a set of jQuery-based UI widgets utilizing modern web technology such as HTML5, JavScript, or Twitter Bootstrap, so that users will get better user experience when accessing the website.
- Ask any futures exchange business related questions through the discussions feature of the website. Aside of posting new question, website’s users can share opinion and knowledge to each other by replying to the existing topic. Every new topic or reply will be reviewed by the website’s administrator first, so that discussions integrity will be preserved and minimalize any irrelevant information.
- Stay up to date to upcoming events through website’s agenda feature. Agenda on JFX’s corporate website is developed while utilizing KendoUI (http://telerik.com/kendo-ui), a set of jQuery-based UI widgets utilizing modern web technology such as HTML5, JavScript, or Twitter Bootstrap, so that users will get better user experience when accessing the website.
Behind the Website of JFX
Any data presented by JFX’s corporate website, either texts, images, or graphs is obtained through following processes
- Information related to market is retrieved from Vibiz Marketnews (http://vibiznews.com) for every 30 minutes and has its results saved to database
- Live price information obtained from JFX’s server for every 5 seconds and has its results saved to database
- By JFX’s administrator (IT and Trading Division), last trading information for every days has its contents saved to database as Settlement and Historical price
- Any data that has been saved to database will then be presented by JFX’s corporate website either as news, running price, or graphs
- Any other data is managed through Backend application, CBN Content Management System with Codeigniter 3
CBN Content Management System with Codeigniter 3
CBN Content Management System with Codeigniter 3 (CBNCMSCI3) is the backend system that has originally been developed by PT. Comestoarra Bentarra Noesantarra. CBNCMSCI3 makes management process of JFX’s corporate website contents easier with its features
Is used to see website’s user’s statistic. Website’s user’s statistic data is retrieved by utilizing Google Analytics API that can be presenting statistics in detail, such as pageviews, sessions, users either today and total, most visited page, and total of current active users.
Is used to manage home slider in website. Slider on JFX’s corporate website has 3 categories, i.e. chart slider, video slider, and image slider. Website’s administrator can easily change background image of chart, presented video, or caption on slider image.
Is used to manage pages on “Tentang JFX” section of the website. Inputting website’s Pages content using CBNCMSCI3 is made easy with the template feature that makes inputting process easier. Website’s administrator can carry out website’s Pages content inputting process without worrying about HTML code behind the Pages that will be made
- News Info
Is used to manage pages on “Berita dan Info” section of the website. Inputting process of “Berita dan Info” is also comes with template feature that will make inputting process easier. Image upload process has also been implementing drag and drop feature with thumbnail preview, which resulting better user experience for website’s administrator while doing the inputting process
Is used to manage pages on “Produk” section of the website. Like in Pages and News Info, inputting website “Produk” content using CBNCMSCI3 also comes with template feature that will make inputting process easier
Is used to manage pages on “Artikel” section of the website
- Site Config
Is used to manage configuration of the website. One of configuration that can be done through CBNCMSCI3 is website’s menu. Menu configuration was made with implementation of sortable drag and drop feature that will make menu configuring process more easier and user friendly
Is used as media information for admin. Any information either about user registration or post or reply posted by users will be presented in Notification menu. Beside of that, history about activities done by website’s administrator is recorded and saved to log, with information about administrator’s source IP when accessing CBNCMSCI3
Is used to manage CBNCMSCI3’s users. User management comes with feature that can define user permission access per group for every users, for example Editor group is allowed to access Pages and News Info, admin group is allowed to access Site Config, etc
Is used to manage files sharing folder. Files are presented to the users with implementation of cute file browser, which has attractive view that can give better user experience for CBNCMSCI3’s users.
Tools We've Used